Thursday 14 April 2011

Geo Xtra blue lens review

On Monday, I received a package from my lens sponsor Mukuchu

This time she sent me a pair of lenses from the Geo Xtra WT-A5 series in Blue

Let's have some infooo

POWER/PRESCRIPTION: 0.00 (Plano) only
LENS USAGE:
UP TO 1 YEAR
SHELF LIFE:
3 YEARS
MANUFACTURER / ORIGIN:
SOUTH KOREA
MATERIALS:
2Hema
B.C.:
8.6mm
DIAMETER:
15.00mm

WATER CONTENT:
38%

 At 15mm these are probably the largest lenses I have tried before


Urgh face-hate day
The lenses look rather purple in the picture but in a proper light they are actually really bright.

Looking at them in the lens container, they don't look that big and on putting them in, they didn't really strike me as being particularly huge and only realized they were 15mm when I checked on Mukuchu's site XD


They were really easy to get in, maybe because they're thicker than most other lenses I've had.

I really like how the design shows up with the flash on but in natural light (which is hard to show in my bedroom) they look quite plasticy and the blue doesn't blend in with my natural colour as well as I might have hoped.

Weeaboo pose and gross face with no lenses soo you can compare size

As pretty as I thought they were they were really drying on my eyes. My vision was really impaired after about an hour and they felt prickly. I can't really say if it was my eyes being over-sensitive to them or that it was just a trait of the lenses in general, it could be down to the thickness of the lenses but I'm really not too sure.

Design: ★★★ I wish the blue covered more of my natural eye colour.

Enlargement: ★★★★

Comfort: ★★ They were really prickly after only an hour of wear -_-

Overall: ★★★

I wrote this review yesterday but on waking up today and having another look at them, they've grown on me quite a bit. They are lovely lenses and they go great with most makeup styles but my main concern was how drying it was no my eyes. I know everyone eyes are different so not everyone will experience the same effects on their eyes and if you do want to try the lenses, don't let what I said about them put you off  (for all i know, I probably didn't clean them properly and need new clean solution)

Currently, all GEO 15mm lenses on Mukuchu's site are only US $20 which is about £12!! 

If you're interested in a pair, you can click here!

Jus' sayin, but Mukuchu is really fast with shipping. Whenever she sends me stuff it only takes a little over a week to arrive and that's from Australia!

11 comments:

  1. oh they are so pretty (: I hate my eyes without lenses too, but your eyes are still prettyyy

    i think when i buy blue circle lenses, I want these (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so lovely!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh they look awesome! :D Really likin' the colour of them ^^ And methinks you look lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, this makes me want to buy those~ :D Ur cute *--*

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great!!! would eye drops help with the comfort issue or not?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your lashes are so nice~~ ^^. what kind are they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dears!

    @みつるゥ The top are Glamorous by Diamond lash and the bottoms are Baby Cute by Dolly wink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you dears!

    @みつるゥ The top are Glamorous by Diamond lash and the bottoms are Baby Cute by Dolly wink

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great!!! would eye drops help with the comfort issue or not?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh they look awesome! :D Really likin' the colour of them ^^ And methinks you look lovely :D

    ReplyDelete